For guitarists interested in jazz, I have developed an informative lesson in a relaxed setting, that will both inspire and take your playing to the next level.
This individual lesson is ideally suited to musicians who would like to...
1) Discover a new vocabulary of 'extended chords' (7ths, 9ths, 11ths, 13ths, diminished, augmented, b9ths and #9ths etc).
2) Develop 'improvisation' and 'soloing techniques' using sophisticated scales and ideas.
3) Magnify understanding of 'rhythmic concepts' and techniques.
4) Learn how to follow jazz charts and 'lead sheets'.
(and most importantly)...
5) Understand the theory behind how jazz chords, harmony, rhythm and progressions work.
Within the umbrella of jazz, styles such as 'Swing', 'Bebop', 'Gypsy', 'Latin' and 'Fusion' will be broken down and you will not only learn popular standards, but also learn how to improvise using tips, tricks and ideas used by the greats.
Handouts containing relevant information and guitar music (tablature, lead sheets and optional notation) will be provided.
Upon completion, students will have the option to further their jazz playing with a ten lesson course (at a discounted rate).