I aim to help students to learn and use yoga postures, breath work, relaxation and meditation practices to:
* find ways to relax and deal with stress
* bring balance and awareness to the physical body
* develop an achievable personal practice
* integrate the benefits into day to day life.
In addition to teaching general yoga classes I teach on training courses and support the growth of new yoga teachers. I am a tutor on the Mandala Yoga Ashram Teacher Training Course. I teach British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course. I have recently trained as a Satyananda Yoga Teacher Assessor.
I also teach pregnancy yoga courses and preparing for labour/partner yoga sessions. Pregnant students learn how to deal effectively with the common conditions of pregnancy and prepare mentally, emotionally and physically for labour through the practices.
I was introduced to yoga over 20 years ago with over 15 years consistent personal practice in various yogic and spiritual traditions. I am currently teaching in Birmingham and am a tutor on the Mandala Yoga Ashram Teacher Training Course. I have over 10 years general teaching and training experience in personal development with including over 8 years dedicated to teaching yoga as a vocation including group, private and 1:1 classes. I have also worked to advise other tutors on professional aspects of teaching as a Programme Manager for yoga and tai chi within Birmingham Adult Education Service.
I continue my professional and personal development through personal practice, classes, attending BWY IST days, karma yoga and sadhana at the Satyananda Yoga Centre Birmingham and Mandala Yoga Ashram.
Range of practices from different traditions including Asana; Pranayama; Relaxation, Concentration and Meditative techniques including Yoga Nidra, Trataka, Ajapa Japa, Antar Mouna; Shatkarmas including poorna and lagoo shakhaprakshalana, neti, kunjal; Anatomy and Physiology; Safety and Contraindications. Yoga for Pregancy and post natal recovery. Full practical knowledge of the Yoga Foundation and Teacher Training Syllabus.
Training and Qualifications
* Yoga Teachers Diploma - Mandala Yoga Ashram and British Wheel of Yoga accredited (BWY)
* British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course Tutor
* BWY Pregnancy, Foundation Course Tutor and Teaching Practice Observation certificates
* 7407:1/2 modules leading to Cert. Ed
* Certified Practitioner of Neurolinguistic Programming
* Reiki Level 2
* First Aid at Work certified
Membership of Relevant Bodies
* Member and accredited teacher of the British Wheel of Yoga, governing body for yoga in the UK
* Member of Register of Exercise Professionals
* Member of the Institute for Learning
The exploration of yoga as a universal, ancient esoteric tradition and its importance in helping all people to live in the present.